pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Pan 0.91 issues

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Pan 0.91 issues
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:03:48 -0600

Christophe Lambin wrote:
It can also affect newsgroups.xov:

$ grep 4294967295 newsgroups.xov
newsgroups.xov:dsm.network 0 4294967295
newsgroups.xov:easynet.adverts 0 4294967295
newsgroups.xov:easynet.fr.adsl 0 4294967295
newsgroups.xov:easynet.fr.support 0 4294967295
(etc.)

That bug would also explain two other things I've seen:
a) get new headers stops working (is based on newsrc, I guess)
b) getting all headers will show new headers is read
I haven't found the exact source yet, but here is what I'm seeing for this. I open a small group and some articles show as unread but the unread count is 0. I read those articles so the unread count is decremented resulting in a very big number. I don't know if these article are new & not being added to the unread count, or if they're just being marked as unread for some reason.

P.S. There appears to be a typo in data-impl/groups.cc line 346, I think it should be
bool is_xgroup=(group._article_count || group._unread_count);
The = was missing in my source.