pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: I see problem with Pan’s “http url detector”

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: I see problem with Pan’s “http url detector”
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 04:28:50 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:06:24 +0000 as excerpted:

> Meanwhile, something else URL related that /used/ to annoy me, tho I've
> not noticed it recently so maybe it's fixed (?), is unspaced commas or
> the like, terminating a URL.  Here's testing it:
>
> http://example.com, Does the URL include the comma?
>
> http://example.com. What about the terminating dot?
>
> http://example.com? Question mark?

Hmm... pan got those three right, now (as of... see the headers for git
commit, it's been a bit since I rebuilt).

> "http://example.com"; Double-quote?
>
> 'http://example.com' Single-quote?
>
> http://example.com: Colon?

... and those three wrong.  Pan didn't include the leading quote on either
of those, but parsed the trailing punctuation as part of the URL on all
three.