pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Another problem I need to add to my list: word-wrapping.

From: SciFi
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Another problem I need to add to my list: word-wrapping. (Re: My list of present problems with Pan.)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 18:43:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:50:45 +0200, Heinrich Mueller wrote:

> Am 23.10.2011 05:01, schrieb Duncan:
>> Heinrich Müller posted on Sat, 22 Oct 2011 23:17:02 +0000 as excerpted:
>>
>>> Am Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:41:40 +0000 schrieb SciFi:
>>> […]
>>> Don't blame me, i didn't change anything in the wrapping code.
>> I'm not sure he's blaming you, simply mentioning that he's running your
>> repo and that it's not fixed there, so it's likely to be broken
>> everywhere, ATM.

Please understand Duncan states what I meant to convey here.
To wit, "the judgefudge repo" is "the latest experimental version" of Pan
that I am aware of.  ;)
And I did close by saying I wasn't aware of any version of Pan,
old or new, where word-wrap ever worked properly.

>>> […]

> Please give me or one or two examples with message-ids so I see what you
> mean.

I don't know who this is requested of?
FWIW,
I have provided two Message-IDs in my post in this subthread:
- one that should be available thru the world-wide Usenet
  (and I've quoted its text-body in my post,
   and provided a copy-&-paste of what the wrapped version looks like
   with further discussion of what's wrong with it),
- another that is available on Gmane
  (not quoted, it would've been a hassle ;) ).
I believe Gmane did not obfuscate my post in these regards
(I just checked how they look),
but let me know if they don't work,
so I can try to pre-de-obfuscate them.  ;)

Another possibility would be to somehow call the "editor" with a
verbatim copy of the message being viewed (not as a "reply"),
wherein we wouldn't need to chase-down a "saved" copy of it.
Our chosen editor can then present the message.  At least for OSX,
we have a very fine editor that does the word-wrapping properly in
all respects as I've mentioned (including the "white-space" issue).
(It's known as TextWrangler, freeware, available at BareBones.com .)