pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] commit 6ce9f1fb3: No rule to make target 'e-cte-dialog.c

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] commit 6ce9f1fb3: No rule to make target 'e-cte-dialog.c'
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:59:43 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:24:07 -0800 as excerpted:

> Hi Duncan.  Just a small hint in case Heinrich is not a gentoo nerd like
> us :)
>
> The gentoo ebuild is programmed to pull from the git 'master' branch by
> default.
> FWIW, I'm tracking the 'testing' branch of Heinrich's git repo and not
> seeing this error.

FWIW I'm using a slightly modified -9999 ebuild that sets a number of
(git-2.eclass) egit-* vars only if they're not already set...

... and then setting them in /etc/portage/env/net-nntp/pan-9999

I posted both the ebuild and the env file probably about 3 months ago,
for anyone interested.  I've updated my local copy of the env file to
keep up with hmueller's repo move to gnome/testing (plus added a couple
extra egit-* vars to the ebuild) since, but didn't have anyone say they
were going to use it when I posted it, so I've not been posting updates.

With the updated ebuild and env file, changing which repo and branch I
use, or reverting to a specific commit if I don't want HEAD, etc, is as
simple as changing a couple vars in the env file. =:^)

I also have a "pgit" script, along with a few symlinks to it (taking a
hint from various *ix utils, it changes behavior based on the name it's
invoked as), that make running git whatchanged, git show, git bisect
(that bit's untested, I hacked it when I was going to bisect a pan issue
a week or two ago, but by the time I got it setup to do so, Heinrich had
already fixed the problem I was going to bisect, upstream!), etc, on a
live-git ebuild package, or on a git-based overlay, MUCH easier.  It's
not as generalized as I'd like yet, requiring me to set a number of
internal config variables for each git-based overlay or git-live ebuild I
want to use it with, but it has made it MUCH easier for me to keep up
with changes in both git-based overlays and git-based live-ebuilds.

Again, not so many are running gentoo here, but if someone does and wants
the updated ebuild, env file, and/or a copy of the pgit helper script I
use, just ask, and I can post them and additionally, post updates as
necessary.  If I get several others using them too, I might eventually
create an overlay and create a few packages out of my scripts, etc, but
that's overkill ATM, since AFAIK I'm the only one using 'em anyway.