[paragui-users] PG_Rect and const

From: Eric Ross
Subject: [paragui-users] PG_Rect and const
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 04:22:20 -0400

I've working on the pgmpeg stuff and i got some problem with the way the
Width()/Height() methods are defined. I have this code:

PG_MPEGPlayerWindow(char *file, PG_Widget *parent, const PG_Rect & r)
          : PG_Window(parent, r, "The Player")
        {
                const Uint16 w = r.Width();      // Line 18
..

compiling this i got:

pgmpegplayerwindow.h:18: passing `const PG_Rect' as `this' argument of `Uint16
PG_Rect::Width()' discards qualifiers

This is because 'r' is a const, and the method isn't. If i modify the relevant
.h to:

inline Uint16 Width() const {
        return w;
}

it compiles fine. I propose changing the definition of these funciont and add a
"const", but i dont know if it breaks anything (i just modify the installed .h,
i didnt recompile). Any suggestion ?

Eric.