Re: [paragui-users] undefined references to SDL_main

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] undefined references to SDL_main
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

Any possibility that sdl is not included in the
compilation unit where main is defined.  What SDL
does, to the best of my knowledge, is to re#define
main to be SDL_main, so that SDL gets to define the
actual main before you (which it needs to do to
support windows, etc...).  If the compiler doesn't see
the define before you declare your main function, then
SDL_main doesn't get defined.

Andrew.

--- address@hidden wrote:

> When compiling the test apps, some (dropdown e.g.)
> produce errors for undefined
> references to SDL_main. Others like "animation"
> compileand execute just fine.
> I only see that problem on WinNT/98 and not with
> Linux.
>
> This is the error code:
> $ make
> c++  -g -O2  -o dropdown.exe  dropdown.o
> -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib
> -lparagui -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -mwindows -lz
> -lSDL_image
> -Lc:/progra~1/FreeType/lib -lfreetype -lstdc++
> C:\msys\1.0\local\lib/libSDLmain.a(SDL_main.o.b): In
> function `console_main':

//c/Mingw32/Visual-MinGW/SDL-1.2.4/src/main/SDL_main.c:227: