Re: [paragui-users] Parent widget

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Parent widget
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Roger D. Vargas wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Teunis Peters wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
> >
> > PG_Widget* <widget>->GetParent()
> > present in "pgwidget" class and children...
> >
> > That help?
> No I need the main application window. I have two choices: get the screen
> surface using SDL_GetVideoSurface and blit directly to it or get the main
> window drawing surface and draw there. What is the best solution?

*heh* there's no guarantee a parent window's the main window (in other
words being more precise would have helped :)

in current system since only one PG_Application object can exist
theoretically you can just talk with it.
In the variation I've written you can also pull up the "default drawing
object".

PG_Draw::PG_DrawableSurface* app.GetScreen()
PG_Draw::PG_Draw::GetDefaultDrawable()

I believe in the ParaGUI/SDL system you're supposed to do
SDL_GetVideoSurface.  Ick.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis