Re: [paragui-users] Tooltips

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Tooltips
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:30:53 +0100

Am Montag, 4. November 2002 21:28 schrieb Teunis Peters:
> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
> > Is there any plans to implement tooltips?
> > If not, can somebody give me an idea about how to do it by myself?
>
> ooohhh... what a wonderful idea :)
> hrm. Easy enough.
> Reminds me - any requests for interesting widgets that we -should- write?
> (and a few that would be fun? :)
>
> I suspect it'd be something like the "menuitem" class PG_MenuItem
> (include/pgpopupmenu.h, src/widgets/pgpopupmenu.cpp)
>
> I don't (really) have access to my programming machine at the moment or
> I'd write it right now because tooltips are VERY useful!

Right. Should be quite straight forward to implement.

One way i could think of would be:

- add a PG_ThemeWidget* to the PG_Widget class
- add some kind of timer starting whenever motion stops inside the widget
- at the timerevent check if we already created the "Tooltip" widget
- if not -> create & display it
- i yes -> display it
- hide the tooltip widget when the mouse leaves the widget
- delete the toolwip widget in the destructor

Well, I'm sure all of you had the same procedure in mind :))

Volunteers welcome :^)

Alex