[paragui-users] Problem with setting a text in a RichEdit widget with .S

From: Mark Prins
Subject: [paragui-users] Problem with setting a text in a RichEdit widget with .SetText()
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:46:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

As I am new on the mailing list, lemme first tell you something about myself :)
I and a few other students are doing a project at school in which we want to
develop a game wich will work like Planetarion/Mechwars, but with the difference
that they run as an application instead of being web based.

For basic coding we wanted to use the SDL lib because of its cross platform
functionality and the knowledge there allready was about SDL.

I am currently busy with the client of the game and for the client I have chosen
ParaGUI to be used for the GUI :)

We have allready been working on the project since september, and most of the
times
I have solved the problems I had myself with the documentation about PGUI and
the
mailinglist archives.

That was about it for the introduction ;)

Now on topic.

I am having problems with the RichEdit widget. Well actually it might not be
the RichEdit or paragui itself, but something with MS VC++..

When I have created a RichEdit widget and I use the SetText() function
the entire program becomes unstable. It looks like ff the text is large it
crashes
kinda fast, and when it does not crash, it wil crash on exit. But it allways
crashes the same.

I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" window (error) with the following
message:

Debug Assertation Failed!

Program: Client.exe
File: dbgheap.c
Line: 1011

Expression: _CrtlsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

(Press retry to debug the application)

**
Followed by 3 buttons; abort,ignore,retry

Any of these buttons result in another popup stating:

The instruction at "0x100112ab7" referenced memory at "0x00dac588". The memory
could not be "read".

**

I dont have a clue about what this is about. But I noticed that this is only
happening
when I use the SetText() function  with the following message:

Debug Assertation Failed!

Program: Client.exe
File: dbgheap.c
Line: 1011

Expression: _CrtlsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

(Press retry to debug the application)

**
Followed by 3 buttons; abort,ignore,retry

Any of these buttons result in another popup stating:

The instruction at "0x100112ab7" referenced memory at "0x00dac588". The memory
could not be "read".

**

I dont have a clue about what this is about. But I noticed that this is only
happening
when I use the SetText() function.

Does anyone have an advice on what to do and what this might be causing?

Thank you in advance,

Mark Prins
(The Netherlands)

PS:
I was wondering if there is any progress on the multiline edit box as im quite
interested in it :)