[paragui-users] Multiline Labels or RichEdits

From: DG
Subject: [paragui-users] Multiline Labels or RichEdits
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:13:53 -0500

I can't get labels to display more than one line of text (using endl; or \n), I figure this is because they are not able to.

I have tried to figure out RichEdit, but whenever I try to implement it locks up my program right after it is called.

Is there any other class that can display multiple lines? Not much is required, it's just a simple place to display chatroom text.

If labels or any other class can't do it, how can I get RichEdit to work, the Docs don't seem to help me much in figuring out what I'm doing wrong, and RichEdit certainly doesn't come up in the tutorials.

I love ParaGUI thus far as it's very similar to VB, and insanely simple compared to most other GUI libraries, especially in C. I would hate to have to abandon the library just because I can't figure out how to display multiple lines of text.

Thanks for your time,
Drew