[paragui-users] blitting

From: Keith
Subject: [paragui-users] blitting
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:34:46 -0400

hi, i've been working on an animation engine for some time now but have only
started trying to tweek things recently. i'm currently haveing an issuse
with what seems to be drawing/blitting too often. in short, i use eventidle
to determine if it's time to draw the next frame, when it is, i switch the
frame and call update, which calls the eventBlit. i've placed a time check
message in the eventIdle, perfect, only off my 1 or 2 ms here and there. the
blit is called and just as fine, 1-2 ms off, however, the blit gets called
at least 10-20 more times which then makes the animations appear to fall
behind audio. so i guess my question is when and why is the blit called so
often? i thought that it's only called on the update once. or is there
something else that calls the blit, and is there a way to stop that? if
anyone wants, i can put the code online and you can play with it, but it
ties in with ogg vorbis audio to compile it. i suppose i could cut that out
and you'd just get animation, but then you probably wouldn't notice the
problem... like happened to me, until the audio is there.

--keith