[paragui-users] some updates and questions (on XML and others)

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: [paragui-users] some updates and questions (on XML and others)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 02:39:52 -0800 (PST)

I'm just rewriting now code for handling string rendering in the opengl
branch - with an eye for doing plugins to handle layout controls in the
future.  I mean most people chances are don't want to render Japanese,
Arabic, Devengari or other tricky-to-layout languages so any dependencies
should be -optional-.

Q: wondering if a proper plugin-handler should be written..
        ideas?

Q: also with expat - does it require access to an entire document or can
it just handle an XML section devoted to setting up paragui?

I'm thinking of allowing (in my own code) control of paragui through jabber (a
streaming
XML comm system/chat system :)

also thinking of a GStreamer plugin and since it supports embedding its
state data in XML... *g*.  Ah well my whole poking about with XML could be
a terrible waste of time.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis