[paragui-users] GNU Standard Library version question

From: Vladimir Urazov
Subject: [paragui-users] GNU Standard Library version question
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 21:34:52 +0000

Well, I have been working with ParaGUI under Windows for a while, and recently installed RedHat linux to see if the program works under it as well (as it should). So, since I don't have too much experience with Linux, this is probably a newbie question...

So, ParaGUI installs fine. And the examples compile. However, when I try to run one of the examples, (or any of the examples, actually) I get the following error message:

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2.2' not found (required by /usr/lib/libparagui-1.0.so.0)

Now, I looked around the net, and it seems like this library is a part of the GCC compiler. However, the version of that I have is 3.2.3. (Or at least that's what the "gcc --version" says.) So, I would think that it has the library v3.2.3 installed and that should be OK. But I am really not sure how to solve that problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Vovan