Re: GNU Parallel 20190622 ('HongKong') released

From: Saint Michael
Subject: Re: GNU Parallel 20190622 ('HongKong') released
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 08:36:37 -0400

It's working now

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 5:41 AM Ole Tange <tange@gnu.org> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 6:29 AM Saint Michael <venefax@gmail.com> wrote:

> it fails to install

Thank for giving it a go.

> The signature on parallel-20190622.tar.bz2 is wrong. This may indicate that a criminal has changed the code.
> THIS IS BAD AND THE CODE WILL NOT BE INSTALLED.

I cannot reproduce that. So this probably means that
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/parallel/ redirects you to a different server
than I am being directed to.

In theory this server _could_ be compromised (in which case the error
is correct), but most likely there is another cause (maybe the
mirroring failed half way - in which case it should fix itself within
a day).

Can you tell me which server http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/parallel/
redirects you to? And do you still see the issue?

/Ole