Dynamically change number of jobslots

From: Stuart Anderson
Subject: Dynamically change number of jobslots
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 13:23:11 -0800

Is it possible to signal a running parallel process to change the value of -P N
?

Currently if I need to change that I use pkill -STOP parallel to stop any new
jobs from starting and then kill/restart parallel with a new value, but it
would nice to be able to do that without having to drain the queue (or losing
stdout/stderr during draining).

P.S. This is fantastic tool, and I wish I had upgraded from xargs years ago!

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson
sba@caltech.edu