pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Logical document structure, tagged PDF and accessibility

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Logical document structure, tagged PDF and accessibility
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:30:25 -0700

I haven’t spoken with our Linux engineers to find out what they did specifically – I just know that they’ve demo’d it working.  I’ll try to find out, however.

Leonard

On 6/8/09 7:00 PM, "Ralph Giles" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Leonard Rosenthol<address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, while not open source, Adobe Reader is available on many platforms for
> “free” and does exposed both tagged and untagged PDFs to screen readers
> including ATK (on Linux).

Exposes PDF content to screen readers through ATK (the GNOME
Accessiblity Toolkit) you mean?

Is tagged PDF especially helpful there? I see span-level attribute
support in ATK, but nothing much about document structure.

 -r

--
Leonard Rosenthol
PDF Standards Architect