perlpanel-devel

[Perlpanel-devel] New applet: Biff (and a patch)

From: Moshe Kaminsky
Subject: [Perlpanel-devel] New applet: Biff (and a patch)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:21:25 +0300

Hi,

I have written a new applet, Biff, for new mail notification. I attach
it to this mail. It will only work with a few changes to the core
perlpanel code (a patch is in the attachment). This patch allows adding
several instances of an applet to the panel, each with a different
configuration. This way I use it for several folders.

The contents of the attached file is as follows:
1. Biff.pm - the applet itself. A full description is available in the
   pod.
2. perlpanel.patch - the patch to the core code. Apply it with -p1 in
   the directory where PerlPanel.pm resides. The basic idea is that an
   element in the 'applets' list may contain a field conf='...', where
   the ... is the name of the appletconf to use. As far as I see, it is
   backward compatible.

3. icons/biff.png, icons/biff - the icon for the applet, and two extra
   icons in the biff subdir (all stolen from some other biff replacement
   :). Should be copied to PREFIX/share/pixmaps/perlpanel/applets.

Since I know nothing about gtk, there probably are problems, but
basically, it works.

If Gtk2::PodViewer is installed, the documentation can be viewed by
pressing the 'Help' button in the configuration menu.

Any feedback is welcome!

Moshe

                                        -- Douglas Adams

    Moshe Kaminsky <address@hidden>