phpgroupware-docteam

Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] How about documentation

From: Josh Miller
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] How about documentation
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 15:29:18 -0600

WEll this list is new.

The format of the documentation, is less of an issue then it may seem.

There is work underway for a script to pull inline documentation out of the API php files.

Yes, almost al of the docs are hopelessly outdated.

The module HOWTO is a good idea. I hadn't thought of that per say, but it would be a nice thing.

The instalation doc is one of the first that I think needs to be overhauled.

If you have installed the HEAD (.13) version of phpGW I think it would be great if you want to go thru the existing Install document and make corrections. We can worry about moving the content to the SGML format later, or (Brandon let me know) the SGMl skeleton, may be ready to have the new install info placed in it.

Just let us know if you decide to take it for a spin, so we don't work on it ourselves. It shouldn't be too much work to correct whats in there.

If its okay with you I will add you to my list of translators, just let me now if you want you email posted on the site, or the mailinglist for contact info.

So far as anythign else, just hangout on this mail list, and I am sure there will be plenty of opertunities to do more work. :)

- Josh miller