phpgroupware-docteam

[Phpgroupware-docteam] Merging with packages/Makefiles?

From: Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Merging with packages/Makefiles?
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:53:54 +0200

Hi, what about merging all the Makefile with the packages/Makefile?

When i created it i didn't noticed the various Makefiles around the
phpgroupware/doc/sgml directory, so i did a target to compile any sgml
document: now i see the documentation structure, and i think tha we can
improove it a bit.

My proposal is simple: for all the sgml documents, we may move all the sgml
documents into a directory named as the master documet, and then rename it
into index.sgml; in this way i can find the right document into the source
tree, compile it and, guessing it's name from the directory name, move it in
the right place. For example, now we have:

admin/
|-- addressbook.sgml
|-- calendar.sgml
|-- email.sgml
|-- filemanager.sgml
|-- general.sgml
|-- installation.sgml
|-- introduction.sgml
|-- notes.sgml
|-- performance.sgml
|-- phpGroupWare-Admin-Manual.sgml
|-- project.sgml
|-- security.sgml
|-- todo.sgml
`-- upgrading.sgml

If we move all as:

phpGroupWare-Admin-Manual
|-- addressbook.sgml
|-- calendar.sgml
|-- email.sgml
|-- filemanager.sgml
|-- general.sgml
|-- index.sgml
|-- installation.sgml
|-- introduction.sgml
|-- notes.sgml
|-- performance.sgml
|-- project.sgml
|-- security.sgml
|-- todo.sgml
`-- upgrading.sgml

With a find, dirname and basename command we can do anything for all the
documentation. A simple command like the following will do all:

find -type f -name index.sgml | while read file ; do \
        for backend in ps html txt ; do \
                sgmltools -b $$backend $$file ;\
        done; \
        doc=$$(basename $$(dirname $$file));\
        install -D --mode=644 $$(dirname $$file)/index.txt $(INSTDIR)/$$doc.txt
;\
        install -D --mode=644 $$(dirname $$file)/index.ps
$(INSTDIR)/ps/$$doc.ps ;\
        install -d --mode=755 $(INSTDIR)/html/$$doc/ ;\
        for html in $$(dirname $$file)/index/* ; do \
                tidy -i -clean < $$html > $(INSTDIR)/html/$$doc/$$(basename
$$html) ;\
        done ;\
done

Having such a structure, will let any one do his sgml document and a single
make target to compile anithing.

If you let me go on, i can do all the chenges in less than an hour.
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have