phpgroupware-docteam

Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Slovak language translation of pgpGW

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Slovak language translation of pgpGW
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:21:49 +0000

(I send the email to the ML too, it can be usefull to other people)

>not really :> have a rest, there's no need to hurry :>

Ok now I'm ready :)

>> >I really like phpGroupWare and I thought of contributing by

>> >helping to make a Slovak language support in phpGW.

>> >I would appreciate if you sent me information about how is translation

>> >done, what parts does it consist of etc... I will then decide whether

That should be a FAQ :)

Ok, it's simple. What you can translate are messages in the app (like "compose"
in
the email app, etc ...) Theses messages are translated by the code in the
langage
you have configured in your account configuration, by calling a function called
lang.

This function searches for the translation of the phrase in the database. The
translations are put into the database when you install a langage in the setup
part
of phpGW. They come from the files called phpgw_xx.lang (xx=en for english, etc
...)
which are located in the setup subdirectory of each application's directory
(email/setup for example).

So, if the file called phpgw_sl.lang for example exists in the setup directory,
you
just have to edit it so that he contains the same phrases and their translation
as
in the phpgw_en.lang file which is the reference.

If it does not exist, you create it from the phpgw_en.lang file and do the
translations inside.

Alternatively, you can use developer_tools to make the edition of the files.
It's
better than vi (well, it's your choice ! :)

When it's done, you post a patch to savannah with the new files and I'll put
them in
the cvs.

Ask if you need more help !

And thanks for your contribution !