phpgroupware-docteam

[Phpgroupware-docteam] Installation & Security HOWTO

From: Matthias Adams
Subject: [Phpgroupware-docteam] Installation & Security HOWTO
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:11:10 +0200

Hello there!

As requested in
http://docs.phpgroupware.org/html/install/presetuptask.html
I post my settings in pg_hba.conf to the mailing list (hope I use the
right one):

I added this two lines as the second and third entry in the pg_hba.conf
file:
local   all         all                                             md5
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   md5

NOTE: This will enable password authentication for ALL users connecting
to all postgres databases via UNIX sockets or LOCAL ip sockets.
If this behavior is not desired, the first "all" can be substituted with
the database name (phpgroupware), and the second one with the user name
(phpgroupware).

If there are questions left, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks a lot for your work, I'll start playing around with phpgroupware
for my first time immediately after sending this mail.

Bye, Matthew.