plash

Re: [Plash] Odd popen behaviour

From: Thomas Leonard
Subject: Re: [Plash] Odd popen behaviour
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:25:42 +0100

On 7/16/06, Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> As far as I can see, plash's new_close() function isn't being called.

Yes, this was a problem with libpthread.so, which also exports
close().  The original version of close() was being exported instead
of Plash's new_close().  This problem would be seen with executables
that link with libpthread.so, as python does.  I have fixed this in
SVN.

It works for me now - thanks! I can now run all the zero-install unit
tests under plash and be sure they're not accidentally editing my real
configuration settings :-)

--
Dr Thomas Leonard               http://rox.sourceforge.net