plash

Re: [Plash] Using plash to overlay a filesystem

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: [Plash] Using plash to overlay a filesystem
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:43:56 +0100 (BST)

Thomas Leonard <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/7/18 Mark Seaborn <address@hidden>:
> > This is now fixed.  Can you try out the autobuild packages?  I suspect
> > that the O_CLOEXEC issue will not cause any problems at the moment
> > beyond producing warning messages.
>
> Still not working for me. Here's a simple test case:
>
> #include <glib.h>
> int main(int argc, char **argv) {
>       g_print("User = %s\n", g_get_user_name());
> }

I actually meant that the O_CLOEXEC problem might cause warnings but
it would probably not cause Gtk applications to fail.  Anyhow, I have
applied a partial fix for the O_CLOEXEC problem now, so your test case
should work.

The autobuilder was failing for a few weeks because of a problem
caused by Ubuntu's build tools setting LDFLAGS
(http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/PlashIssues/Segfault).  It is now fixed,
but it took a while to debug that problem and that is why it also took
a while to get to the O_CLOEXEC issue.

Cheers,
Mark