po4a-dev

[Po4a-dev]Po.pm seems to work

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Po4a-dev]Po.pm seems to work
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:19:05 +0100

Hello,

I just commited a new version of Po.pm. It seems to work here. From the doc:

    use Locale::Po4a::Po;
    my $pofile=Locale::Po4a::Po->new();

    # Read po file
    $pofile->load('file.po');

    # Add an entry
    $pofile->push('msgid' => 'Hello', 'msgstr' => 'bonjour',
                  'flags' => "wrap", 'reference'=>'file.c:46');

    # Extract a translation
    $pofile->gettext("Hello"); # returns 'bonjour'

    # Write back to a file
    $pofile->write('otherfile.po');

The tests I've done so far:
  - Diff'ing the output of the script and the one of a msgcat don't show any
    difference on the tests I've done (that is to say that the file in
    normalized).

  - Gettext'ing seems to work also on my tests.

That means that I'm now able to work on po-pod further. Yuhu!
I think it'll lead to some more bugs eradication in the next days.

Bye, Mt.