poke-devel

Re: [PROPOSAL] with_cur_ios() function in the stdlib

From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] with_cur_ios() function in the stdlib
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 00:48:59 +0430

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 06:35:51PM +0200, apache2 wrote:
> I don't know what the distinction between the standard library vs
> the run-time is, but it sounds fine.

Run-time library is (ideally) minium set of necessary definitions/declarations
for Poke compiler and generated PVM code to work properly.
It is part of the implementation of compiler.

And if you look at it, you'll see it's special .pk file. You have access to
`__PKL_BUILTIN_*__` identifiers there; you can use `immutable` keyword there.

OTOH, the std.pk is a set of *useful* variables/functions/types for Poke
users. Like standard units, or functions like `catos`, `qsort` and so on.

Here we're adding two very useful functions for users to write Poke code
easier. So they belong to std.pk. They're useful, but not necessary.