pspp-users

Re: odd RELIABILITY .../SUMMARY output

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: odd RELIABILITY .../SUMMARY output
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 09:58:53 -0500

If it's any consolation, I also didn't immediately realize what was happening.

The problem here is missing data, which is always a pain in the butt.

Computing a scale score as a mean is an effective way to compute a score in a sample with missing responses (assuming you don't mind mean imputation, which isn't a bad default).

But Reliability has very different (and inflexible) approach to missing data.

-Alan