qemu-arm

Re: [Qemu-arm] Beagle Board support

From: Esteban Bosse
Subject: Re: [Qemu-arm] Beagle Board support
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 00:23:57 +0900

El sáb., 10 ago. 2019 23:01, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> escribió:
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 04:39, Esteban Bosse <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am new in this world, but I want to port the old beagle support for qemu-linaro to mainstream.

That would certainly be nice. The major issue is that the
patchset in that tree is (a) often in an older style
of API that would need to be updated to use the current
recommended-practice APIs to go upstream, and (b) in
some places still has multiple changes tangled together
that would need to be disentangled to form a clean
reviewable patchset.
(a) Sounds "not impossible" then for a beginer, hahaha.
I am looking other boards like Musca to use it as example

(b) I don't know yet how to make the patches I have to learn everything.

I'm happy to provide advice and code review if you're
interested in doing this work and helping to maintain
it in the upstream tree.

Yes! I am interested, I have a repo where I am doing my firsts trys to understand how qemu and the beagle are.

How do you recommend to start?
I think that I can understand some things in the old beagle.c file but the omap3.c it's more heavy.
Maybe I can start with de omap3.c trying to refactor and split it in more files styled for the new API.

What files do you recommend to read to try to understand more about the CPU model?

thanks
-- PMM
Thank you!