Re: block snapshot issue with RBD

From: Ilya Dryomov
Subject: Re: block snapshot issue with RBD
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 20:13:15 +0200

On Mon, May 27, 2024 at 9:06 PM Jin Cao <jojing64@gmail.com> wrote:

> Supplementary info: VM is paused after "migrate" command. After being
> resumed with "cont", snapshot_delete_blkdev_internal works again, which
> is confusing, as disk snapshot generally recommend I/O is paused, and a
> frozen VM satisfy this requirement.

Hi Jin,

This doesn't seem to be related to RBD.  Given that the same error is
observed when using the RBD driver with the raw format, I would dig in
the direction of migration somehow "installing" the raw format (which
is on-disk compatible with the rbd format).

Also, did you mean to say "snapshot_blkdev_internal" instead of
"snapshot_delete_blkdev_internal" in both instances?

Thanks,

                Ilya