qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] Python queue, 2019-06-07

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/8] Python queue, 2019-06-07
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 14:21:57 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 at 14:11, Eduardo Habkost <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 01:58:50PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > Hi. This fails to build on one of my buildtest machines:
> >
> > ERROR: Cannot use 'python3', Python 2 >= 2.7 or Python 3 >= 3.5 is required.
> >        Use --python=/path/to/python to specify a supported Python.
> >
> > The machine has python 2.7.6 and 3.4.3. (It's an Ubuntu trusty
> > box; it's one of the gcc compile farm machines so upgrades to its
> > OS are not really under my control.)
>
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) was released in April 2016.  Doesn't
> that mean Trusty is not a supported build platform since April
> 2018?

Possibly, but as I say the gcc compile farm is what it is.
Regardless of the strict letter of the deprecation policy,
when we start running into issues with the set of build test
machines I tend to feel we may be being a bit over-hasty in
deprecating things.

PS: re the BSD VMs, you probably want to start with Alex's
recent update which did a fairly major overhaul there (he
sent a pullreq but it didn't pass build tests so isn't merged yet).

thanks
-- PMM