qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Mapping of the guests user and kernel pages to host memory

From: Dimitris Karnikis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Mapping of the guests user and kernel pages to host memory
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 16:48:55 +0300

Hello,
I am interested in understanding on how QEMU maps the user and kernel
pages of a guest OS to the host OS memory (working on 3.1.0 but any version is acceptable with target x86-64 arch). Since QEMU runs on user space, these pages will be also mapped on the user space of the host machine. So my question here is, where do the allocations take place, and in which place of the source code I could find the mapping.

Thank you for your time,
Dimitris