qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v3 17/18] i386:acpi: Remove _HID from the SMBus ACPI entry

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL v3 17/18] i386:acpi: Remove _HID from the SMBus ACPI entry
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 12:10:33 +0000

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 at 12:03, Corey Minyard <address@hidden> wrote:

> I checked a few days ago and someone had already beat me to it.

Yeah, we had a discussion on IRC about it and came to the
conclusion that this was a fix. To avoid future confusion,
my suggestion would be that commit messages that fix bugs
should explicitly say they fix bugs they refer to; "See $BUG"
implies to me a looser connection like "this is another bug in
this area" or "this partially addresses that bug" or
"this bug report mentioned this issue in passing while
describing a different bug".

thanks
-- PMM