qemu-devel

Re: Question: SiFive U SPI and SD

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: Question: SiFive U SPI and SD
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:09:17 -0800

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 7:51 AM Bin Meng <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nikita,
>
> On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 10:56 PM Nikita Ermakov <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am trying to make an SD card working on the sifive_u
> > (hw/riscv/sifive_u.c) SoC machine.
> > As far as I understand there is no way to connect an SD card to the SoC
> > with cmdline for now. So, I started to dig in to the QEMU internals and
> > especially sifive_u SoC implementation to try to understand how I could
> > connect SD card to this SoC.
> >
> > From what I understood I need to:
> > 1) Implement SiFive U SPI controller.
>
> This one is definitely needed.
>
> > 2) Implement spi-sd adapter in a way like the hw/sd/ssi-sd.c
>
> I believe we can just use hw/sd/ssi-sd.c.

I had a crack at this awhile ago and you can see the patches here (I
just rebased them):
https://github.com/alistair23/qemu/tree/mainline/alistair/sifive_spi.next

Debugging failures was really hard in Linux, but now that U-Boot and
Oreboot (https://github.com/oreboot/oreboot/pull/234) have SPI support
it is probably easier to debug.

If you wanted to help you could try to debug that branch and figure
out why it isn't working.

Alistair