qemu-devel

Mapping between Host virtual address and guest physical address

From: Muhui Jiang
Subject: Mapping between Host virtual address and guest physical address
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 01:35:40 +0800

Dear All

I am recently using qemu-system-arm to boot a linux uImage.

I would like to do some dynamic instrumentation on the uncompressed kernel. It seems that I need to focus on two key points.

Firstly, I need to know when the kernel is uncompressed, which means the compression process is finished. By analyzing the vmlinux.elf  and the trace I can figure it out.

Secondly, I need to know where the uncompressed is, which means where the uncompressed linux kernel (Before translated into tcg) stores in the virtual address of qemu. Does anyone have ideas? Many Thanks

Regards
Muhui