qemu-devel

Re: should we have a new 'tools' manual?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: should we have a new 'tools' manual?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:36:58 +0000

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 11:50, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> but some of our documentation has always been a bit of an awkward
> fit into this classification:
>  * qemu-img
>  * qemu-nbd
>  * virtfs-proxy-helper
> etc. I've tended to put these things into interop/.
>
> The proposal from Dan and David was that we should add a sixth
> top-level manual
>  * QEMU Tools Guide (docs/tools)
>
> which would be a more coherent place for these to live.

OK, consensus seems to be that this is a good idea. Here's
what I specifically intend to move:
 docs/interop/qemu-img.rst
 docs/interop/qemu-nbd.rst
 docs/interop/virtfs-proxy-helper.rst
 docs/interop/qemu-trace-stap.rst
 docs/interop/virtiofsd.rst

Nothing else (in particular including qemu-ga.rst) moves;
none of the as-yet unconverted documents need to move either.

thanks
-- PMM