qemu-devel

Re: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Windows installer builds apparently broken since October?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 15:40:30 +0000

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 15:34, Stefan Weil <sw@weilnetz.de> wrote:
> although I have some local fixes (available for example in
> https://github.com/stweil/qemu/) I am still struggling with 5.2.0.
>
> One problem which was recently discussed on the list is the directory
> structure of the installation (especially the location for BIOS and
> similar files) which still needs changes (which als require updates for
> qemu.nsi). I'd prefer a similar hierarchical structure for both Linux
> and Windows (instead of a flat one which does not work with the current
> code).

Yeah, that was about where I got stuck. Somehow the way the
temporary install directory is created for the Windows build
shoves everything in a single directory (you don't get this if
you do a normal Linux install -- that has separate bin, docs,
icons, etc subdirectories). This gets even worse with the single-manual
documentation because all the files for the manual are then in
that same directory too :-(

I don't think I can really get this to work with the single-manual
documentation setup as qemu.nsi stands in master. So my plan is
to just commit the single-manual changes (probably next week some
time) and then we I'm happy to help with the Windows installer
changes necessary for the manual part once it's basically working
again.

thanks
-- PMM