qemu-devel

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 VM tests

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04 VM tests
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 23:11:35 +0200

On 10/06/2022 22.41, John Snow wrote:
Hi Alex:

The Ubuntu 18.04 image is by now quite old and we could move our
support forward to Ubuntu 20.04. I have an interest in doing so in
order to avoid a version of pip that is old enough as to cause
problems for some Python work I am attempting to do in order to split
the QMP library fully out of the qemu.git tree.

However, it looks like Ubuntu 20.04 does not have equivalent i386
builds, so I can't just do a drop-and-replace. Do we need a
replacement i386 guest of some sort?

Looks like Fedora dropped i686 some time ago, debian might be our best bet?

I think so, yes. See also this thread here:

https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/CAAdtpL48v5Un8osCRr8LrsCAx4P3hcx2qb+WKLE6ADZT1QYwuw@mail.gmail.com/

 Thomas