qemu-devel

CVMSEG Emulation

From: Christopher Wrogg
Subject: CVMSEG Emulation
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 10:08:16 -0500

In userspace emulation how do I make a set of addresses always valid and initialized to 0 even though the process does not map it in? In particular I want to map the CVMSEG for Cavium qemu-mips64 and qemu-mipsn32. The addresses would be 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF8000 - 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFBFFF. I've looked at target_mmap but it can't handle addresses that large. The lack of an emulated mmu for 64 bit guests is going to be a problem.