qemu-devel

Re: Plugin Memory Callback Debugging

From: Emilio Cota
Subject: Re: Plugin Memory Callback Debugging
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 00:24:43 -0500

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 15:37:51 -0500, Aaron Lindsay wrote:
(snip)
> > Does this hint that there are cases where reset cpu->plugin_mem_cbs to NULL
> > is
> > getting optimized away, but not the code to set it in the first place?
>
> Is there anyone who could help take a look at this from the code gen
> perspective?

Thanks for the report. Just adding assertions was enough to uncover
several bugs. I did not reproduce the use-after-free, but by calling
reset from a callback it's easy to see how it can occur.

I have fixes in https://github.com/cota/qemu/tree/plugins

Can you please give those a try?

BTW I created an issue on gitlab to track this
  https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/1381

Thanks,
                Emilio