qemu-devel

Re: [PULL v2 0/6] QEMU Guest Agent misc patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [PULL v2 0/6] QEMU Guest Agent misc patches
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 10:42:12 +0000

On Mon, 19 Dec 2022 at 10:34, Konstantin Kostiuk <kkostiuk@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 11:20 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 17 Dec 2022 at 09:07, Konstantin Kostiuk <kkostiuk@redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Andrey Drobyshev via (3):
>> >       qga-win: add logging to Windows event log
>> >       qga: map GLib log levels to system levels
>> >       qga-win: choose the right libpcre version to include in MSI package
>>
>> These commits all have an author tag with an email 'qemu-devel@nongnu.org';
>> you need to fix those up and resend, please. (checkpatch catches this,
>> if you want to detect this locally.)
>>

> What is the proper way to fix this? Can I fix this by myself, push and resend
> commits
> or author should resend it?

You should fix up the commits locally and resend the pullreq.
Generally the author can't fix by resending, because the reason
the patches are attributed to the list is an unfortunate interaction
between the configuration of their mail system and the mailing list,
so any re-send would just have the same author as before.

-- PMM