qemu-devel

RE: [RFC] Reducing NEED_CPU_H usage

From: Taylor Simpson
Subject: RE: [RFC] Reducing NEED_CPU_H usage
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 19:13:39 +0000

Thanks for sharing.  My $.02 is to change the subject line to reflect the total
initiative, not just NEED_CPU_H.  That would make more folks notice it in their
inbox.

> # What's left out?
>
> Quite a few minor things but.. you tell me!
> There's probably *a lot* more stuff when we dig into system mode
> emulation, but I'd postpone investigating those issues until we have user
> mode in a decent shape.

One thing I can think of is the TARGET_<arch> macros .  Some examples are in
fpu/softfloat-specialize.c.inc and linux-user/user-internals.h.

Thanks,
Taylor