[Qemu-discuss] mipsel_bios.bin missing

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] mipsel_bios.bin missing
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 19:02:30 -0500

qemu-system-mips64el: Could not load MIPS bios 'mipsel_bios.bin'

I am scratching my head why qemu offers an mips64el emulator with missing
parts. At least other emulators like for ARM and PPC have standard packages
for obtaining the BIOS firmware assets.

Hmm, the wiki says that this file is not even necessary. The wiki advises
creating a BIOS file consisting of 128KiB of zeroes.

Then the wiki mentions something about using a kernel to avoid loading the
BIOS file. Uh, I am not familiar enough with qemu to know what kind of
kernel should be passed in. I just want to run a basic Debian mips64el
guest.

Can we please get this error resolved in a future qemu release?

--
Cheers,
Andrew