[Qemu-discuss] Guest keyboard mapping in Qemu on MacOS-X?

From: LAHAYE Olivier
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Guest keyboard mapping in Qemu on MacOS-X?
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 07:53:22 +0000

Hi,

I’m using qemu-system-x86_64 on MacOS-X High Sierra and it works perfectly for
my needs except one thing: my macbook pro 2017 French keyboard is not correctly
recognized. In fact, the key left to the “1” Key (@ and # on my keyboard) is
dead under qemu.
If I run centos-7, loadkey fr-mac will load all keys correctly except this one
which stays dead. If I try to check keypress, no event is triggered at all when
pressing this key.
Is there a special -k parameter to send to qemu-system-x86_64 to make this key
available under linux?
I’m currently using “-k fr” (and I’ve also tested -k fr-mac). None of those -k
options let me use the @# key :-/
On latest version, it seems that the key above control (<> on French mac
keyboard) has the same keycode as “tab”. Before, it was swapped with the (@#
keycode)

Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

--