Re: When qemu starts kernel image (given by -kernel option), deos it in

From: Berto Furth
Subject: Re: When qemu starts kernel image (given by -kernel option), deos it initialize CPU registers like firmwares and bootloaders do before kernel loading?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 20:44:51 +1100

Hi Chan,

I don't think so. At least it doesn't seem to with the ARM machines I've used.

We probably need to know what machine/architecture you're using because I think it can be different for different setups.

I wouldn't have thought it would matter though because if one boot loader sets registers up one way, then another boot loader sets them up differently, then which one does QEMU have to copy when you skip it with the -kernel option?

Good luck!

Berto.