Re: When qemu starts kernel image (given by -kernel option), d eos i

From: Berto Furth
Subject: Re: When qemu starts kernel image (given by -kernel option), d eos it initialize CPU registers like firmwares and bootloaders do before kernel loading?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:52:19 +1100

Hi Tomas,

I'm afraid I don't really know what's happening (hopefully someone else will!).
I did a bit of a search and I see that DOSBox users seem to get this style of
error because of problems with the sound card. Can you try removing the
-soundhw argument and see if that makes any difference?

In regards to the Segmentation Fault, I'm afraid that's something that's quite
difficult to troubleshoot. If you wanted to do further troubleshooting you'd
need to compile QEMU from the source code and then run a core analysis tool
like "gdb" to get an idea of what's going on.

Again, I guess all I can suggest is perhaps seeing if you can remove the
soundhw or if possible change the soundhw parameter. (Try -soundhw help" to see
what other options are available.)

Good luck!