Re: Minimizing qemu causes it to slow down

From: Christopher William Snowhill
Subject: Re: Minimizing qemu causes it to slow down
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 02:01:47 -0800

I think what they're observing, and I may be wrong, is that either their
desktop environment, or Qemu, or their OS, is de-prioritizing Qemu when it
loses foreground focus, and causing it to see timer events and processing time
at a much lower priority than when it is in the foreground.

Alternative suggestion: Try running the VM either as a user mode or system mode
libvirt guest with Qemu?