Sending data from host to guest on UART

From: Mahmoud Shirazi
Subject: Sending data from host to guest on UART
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 23:25:44 +0430

Hi,

I am trying to have a connection between the guest and host using UART. The
guest is uCOSIII and the host is windows 10. The connection has been
successfully created using COM port. However, the connection is just in one
direction from guest to host. More precisely, I can send a character from guest
to host over UART, but, the guest does not receive anything from the host.
In my implementaion in C, both send and receive are based on interrupts. But,
when I send a character from host to guest, the interrupt does not raise.
I checked that the interrupt is enable. I guess this is due to Qemu parameters
or a Qemu bug or ... .
The version of Qemu is 5.2 and also I test with Qemu 6. The machine in xilinx
zc702 A9.

Best,
Mahmoud