Is there any way to add bmc/openbmc when runing edk2 system?

From: 高尼爾
Subject: Is there any way to add bmc/openbmc when runing edk2 system?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 11:18:48 +0800

Hello

This question is similar to

I want to test my EDK2 application to communicate with BMC via KCS ,
and  i don't have real BMC device , so  i had tried two method

Method1 that i donw't know how to connect two qemu
Method2 that it seems no function when adding bmc parmater

==== Method 1 ====
Execute two qemu
   QEMU1 - Host system (Run EDK2 Appplication)
   QEMU2 - OpenBMC

 Any way to connect QEMU1 and QEMU2 by setting configuration to achieve the following

QEMU1  <-LPC/KCS-> QEMU2

==== Method 2 ====
Execute one QEMU
by command
-device ipmi-bmc-sim,id=bmc0 -device pci-ipmi-kcs,bmc=bmc0

Qemu1 - Host system (Run EDK2 Appplication)

But it seems no pci device for aspeed2600 and no any data from io port

Is there any idea or suggestion to do that?

Thanks