[Qemu-discuss] Setting vendor and product ids to emulated USB storage de

From: Igor Ordecha
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Setting vendor and product ids to emulated USB storage device
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 00:04:45 +0200

Hi,
I'm trying to emulate a USB thumb drive from a .img file. My current arguments for that look like this:

-drive file=/path/to/file.img,if=none,id=drive-usb0,format=raw -device nec-usb-xhci,id=xhci -device usb-storage,bus=xhci.0,id=drive-usb0,drive=drive-usb0,removable=on,serial=0123456789abcdef

It works but the device shows up as 46f4:0001 (vendor="QEMU", product="QEMU USB HARDDRIVE") which my guest really doesn't like. Is there a way to change the vendor id and product id? I looked everywhere, the manpage, forums, I even asked ChatGPT in desperation(which surprisingly kinda worked. It told me about the "serial" parameter which I also needed to spoof.), nothing.