Re: How to stop Qemu from resetting terminal?

From: Dave Blanchard
Subject: Re: How to stop Qemu from resetting terminal?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 17:59:34 -0600

> Hmm. Well, we do put the terminal into raw mode (so that we
> get stuff like ^C), but that is supposed to be reset when
> QEMU exits.

Can you please direct me to where in the source code this happens? I found two
or three instances where tcsetattr() is being called, and tried disabling those
calls thinking that might be the culprit, but it changed nothing. This code
base is so huge with things being spread out into different files, and there
are so few comments, it's hard to make sense of what is happening where and
why. Thanks for your help.

> What command line are you using exactly? I think the curses
> UI is going to do more stuff to the terminal than if you
> just say "-serial stdio", for example.

I've used the curses UI, serial stdio, and serial telnet:// options, and IIRC
it does the same thing in all cases. It's definitely codes being transmitted
over the serial link the very first thing when QEMU is powered up.