QEMU Compatibility for Cortex-A55 AArch32 Firmware

From: yb liu
Subject: QEMU Compatibility for Cortex-A55 AArch32 Firmware
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 17:02:59 +0800

Dear QEMU developers

I hope this email finds you well. We are currently facing an issue related to QEMU and the Cortex-A55 architecture. Specifically, we have compiled a firmware for Cortex-A55 and would like it to run smoothly on QEMU A55 in AArch32 mode.

Despite our numerous attempts, we continue to encounter an "undefined instruction" error when running the firmware in QEMU. Our question is whether QEMU supports this particular use case—specifically, whether it can handle A55 running AArch32 firmware.

Any insights or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Eric Lau